Once again we have received a request for assistance with collecting homemade Christmas Stockings for distribution to foster children in the Kona area of the Big Island. We agreed and are hoping that our amazing sewing community can find just a few minutes of time to help us help others this holiday season.
Our Hilo and Kona stores will be collecting homemade Christmas Stockings now through December 15. However, there are multiple ways that you and your loved ones can help!
- Sew a Christmas Stocking using one of the patterns provided below or your favorite stocking pattern (as long as it meets the minimum requirements) and bring it in for donation! For each homemade stocking you donate, you will be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Discount Fabric Warehouse gift card.
- Pick up a Stocking Kit at our Hilo or Kona store. Sew the stocking at home and return it to the store for donation. (Stocking Kits have limited availability. Please contact your nearest Discount Fabric Warehouse location to find out if they have any for you to pick up.)
- Volunteer to help put kits together so that others can sew the stockings! We can use all the help we can get!
- Grab your friends and family and have a Stocking Sewing Party! Some folks can cut fabric, some can sew the stockings! It’s a great project for all ages! Need the space to work on the project? Contact one of our stores to check on the availability of space!
- It was requested that stockings be on the large side. Please make sure that the stockings are a minimum of 15″ tall.
- The stockings will be distributed to children and teens. Please use appropriate fabrics. Colors and novelty prints are welcome!
- Please make sure that your stockings are well-sewn and are good quality. We would like these children to be able to use the stockings for years to come.
Patterns and Instructions
If you’d like to make a 15″ stocking, we’ve provided you with a PDF with the pattern and instructions. (Please print the pattern at 125% to ensure that it makes a 15″ stocking.) Click here to view the PDF.
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy holiday season to help us do one more charity sewing project for 2023. We appreciate all of the time and creativity you’ve blessed us with this past year. If you have any questions regarding this project, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.